The web is full of small business websites and it is no surprise that everyday thousands of businesses come up with their own website to harness the power of Internet. In todayâ€™s expensive age, online business and its promotion seems like the quickest and cheapest business setup environment.
One such small business that has captured my recent attention is online jewellery stores and among them specifically beads. Beads are very common, from simple bracelets to bridal charms, they easily find their place on your hands. Surprisingly they even were used by Native Americans in religious and spiritual ways.
Now with the business of beads going online, the creativity has increased. People can customize beads to their style and get it delivered to their homes. But not all the websites know how to market such a small commonly available product effectively and create a unique presence.
While I was approached by a friend who owns an online bead store for advice, I started thinking of putting down a marketing strategy that could help not just one but many out there who have a similar website:
- Create an online community about your beads focusing on building a relation with all your users.
- Assess and create profiles on all the leading social networks such as Facebook, Blog, Twitter, Youtube, etc.
- Prepare a content strategy as part of an integrated marketing communication plan so that same message is communicated on all online media channels at the right time in the right way.
- Harness the benefits of Facebook competitions and Twitter competitions. Free giveaways are always successful.
- Directly interact with your fans and followers. Take their advice and suggestions to make them feel special.
Go online and build all sorts of relations. Participate in your community, make friends, develop every kind of relationship you can. Its hard work, but worth it in the end. Enjoy talking to your fans and members of the community and show passion for your work and products.
Online marketing techniques change all the time, but the key is to focus on your goals and not jump in every different direction.
Please share below if you have a bead store and how do you keep up with the online media?